"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why Blog...

So I figured I jump on the bandwagon of anxious folks finding something to poor their efforts into so they can take their mind off the 'adoption wait'.

My husband and I decided to adopt in early October 2007. Kazakhstan here we come!

Ever since dating in college we've felt a strong call to adoption and I feel confident this is what the Lord had planned all along for us. This will be our first child and we are excited, and like most, a little intimidated.

We are open to either a boy or a girl... but I think Chris is hoping for a boy. Either way it'll be amazing.

We sent in our 1600A October 15th and are still waiting for our USCIS approval. I can't believe how long everything takes. I guess it's good. It's like someone gives you the most amazing present ever but you have to stare at it for a year without opening it in anticipation. When I finally get to tear through that wrapping paper... it will be like no Christmas ever before.

Pray that we can be patient. It's not one of my virtues.

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker