"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Am I good enough

It's a wierd feeling I've been having lately... I've been feeling alot of pressure to 'get it together' before our daughter comes.  It doesn't make sense... wherever she is...she's without a 'family', without a home, without American medicine and education and freedoms... yet, I feel a lot of pressure to make our family perfect before she gets here.  My husband agreed.  It's a different feeling when you talk about adopting a child vs. having one.  We are making a promise to her to always be better... We are taking her out of everything she's ever known, everything that is familiar and promising - we will love you and take care of you. 

I have to remind myself that it is the Lord who gives me strength, who allows me to love, to forgive, to be compassionate... and to stumble... The good in me is not from myself and the bad is not overcome through my own persistence. 

I may not be 'good enough all the time' but He is... and I know He will use our family to show this little girl a love and a God she may not have known before.  So I don't have to be perfect.  Thank God He Is.

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker