"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I miss you

I think about you often, although we've never met.  I wonder where you are living, if you are hungry and happy and loved... I wonder if you are meant to be ours... and what our stories will be.  Mostly I just miss you. 

It's weird to go about our days, weeks and months preparing for you and thinking about you - not having any idea if or when you will come.  Sometimes I feel guilty like I should be doing more for you now - but all I can do is pray and trust that if you are my daughter you will find me and I will find you. 

Lincoln has been asking about you and often talks about things being as far away as AFRICA.  I think he very much wants to see the giant plane that will take mommy and daddy to meet you. 

Sometimes I wish I had not told the kids so soon about our hope to adopt.  How can they understand countries shut down, adoptions slow and just how unpredictable this process is. I have to remind myself this is like saying - lets try to have a baby - the rest is up to God.  It's not that we are adopting - we hope to adopt.  Ghana is undergoing changes and international adoption is unpredictable at best... So for anyone that wants an update... we are praying and hoping the Lord has a daughter in Ghana for us but I don't think I will know for sure until I kiss her goodnight and tuck her in across from her two crazy, excited brothers.  For the next year or so .. we wait - and pray.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I want to share with you a prayer I received from another adoptive mom, and that I said as I awaited the adoption of each of my daughters (and I still use this prayer with some of the words modified as I pray from Sara Marina and Kate each day).

May you be safe and sleep soundly through the night.
May you be safe as you wake to the morning's light.
May you feel my love from so far away.
May it comfort and protect you throughout each day.
I pray for you my little one, until our time of waiting is done.
I pray that the Lord keep you safe from harm.
Until the child in my heart becomes the child in my arms.

Blessings to you and to the child who waits for you,
Marcia

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker