"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Am I a quitter?

Quitter. It's a terrible word in my family. You could be many things growing up, but a quitter, not possible. Well here I am, fighting for what is probably the most important thing I've ever done so far in my life, and I'm contemplating just that... quitting. Well at least, in a way.

My agency didn't get the info they needed for me to move forward with my dossier submission. Apparently the Joint Council has a meeting set up with the Kaz Embassy to discuss their lack of movement with the dossier processing and reluctance to set firm dossier requirements.

Honestly, I don't know how much more of this I can take. It seems like there is no end in sight except for folks saying that the timelines are getting longer and longer in Kaz. In addition, I don't know if I have the strength to go to another country at this point as it all seems so unpredictable right now. I'm considering perhaps switching altogether to a domestic adoption and eating the thousands we've already spent on Kaz. What a tough choice.

I know God must have a plan. We'll have a lot to think over these next few days.

3 comments:

The Eisenbergers said...

You are not a quitter. You are realistic. If Kaz is not cooperating then it might be time to move on. There was a point when Troy and I were going through infertility treatments and they weren't working and I just couldn't keep putting myself (and our hopes/dreams/finances) through something that we knew was so uncertain. If you all feel like it is now time to pursue another route, God will show you which way to go. Just know that the road to parenthood is full of waiting in some way, shape or form. Whether it is the nine months of gestation or the years it takes to complete an adoption, nothing will be instant and no route will as quick as you want it to be. I am praying for you all. See you Sunday!

Andrea

Tracy said...

I am praying for you to find peace and comfort in the answers the Lord gives you. He does have a plan. He may lead you down another road, but will lay the way before you. YOu will know what is right. Hold on. The journey is often hard, but the reward is amazing when we follow the Lord.

Heather (and Vince!) said...

Hey guys, I just wanted to post that maybe it's your agency that is the problem... our dossier got through translation and the embassy without issues and many families usuing our agency are traveling quickly. I have heard many horror stories about people being dragged along by agencies that didn't know what they are doing. Hopefully this is not the case for you, but if you think it could be, check out Journey Home Adoption Services, they are amazing! The website is www.jhadoption.org (I think), or there is a link from my blog, which is not yet updated, sorry! Whichever way you go, I wish you all the best!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker