"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Mysterious Ways

Everyone says the Lord works in mysterious ways. Well, now I believe it.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. We've been 'on hold' with so many things in our life and I didn't know what to say.

Here it is.

The best and biggest news of all... is, I'm pregnant. Completely shocked and overjoyed. I can't help but think that at least for me and my husband this is what the Lord had planned for us all along. We learned and grew so much through our adoption struggles and I wouldn't be so thankful had we not spent a year in the 'valley'. I'm still a little nervous and praying everything continues to go well, but so far, so good.

I am also very thankful that we have begun the process of adoption. I have a deep desire to build our family through adoption and am so excited to see how the Lord will direct us in these next few months. We are still waiting to see if our agency can get us through the Embassy in DC but we may have to wait a few months to submit our dossier anyway so I can be confident the baby will be born before we travel. We may consider switching to another country as well and I'm using this time to research all options now that we won't be able to travel anywhere until next summer.

We are so excited and have so much to look forward to. For all of the families in line for Kazakhstan - I continue to pray things move for you and the children.

The Lord is good.

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Congratulations! What a blessing - you and Jenny will have little ones running around together! I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Heather (and Vince!) said...

Congratulations! I'm very, very, happy for you! The thing about adoption is that unfortunately there will always be children in need. So, do what you need to do to stay healthy and grow your new baby. You can still adopt in a year, or five, or ten :) All the best to both of you!

Heather Mauro

Joby and Marla said...

This is wonderful news! I hope everything goes well.
Marla

Sandi said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news. I will pray that everything goes well over the next 9 months.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Gigantic Congratulations!!! Praying for a happy and healthy nine months!!!!

Lesli

The Eisenbergers said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! I was just blog-stalking and thought I would see if you had posted anything. This is so super exciting, and I am such a blockhead because I didn't realize this is what you were alluding to at church a couple of weeks ago! Duh! Congrats again! You and Chris are in our prayers!

Andrea

Angela said...

A big congratulations! What wonderful news! Sounds like you've been all over the map (literally) trying to figure out what to do and God had a plan all along. Prayers that you have a healthy pregnancy!

We're from the Raleigh, NC area and just got home with our baby girl from Kaz.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful blessing the lord had in store... That is excellent news. Congratulations on you exciting news...

Tracy

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker