"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Translation Time

I slept well last night for the first night in a week. I was actually waking up having nightmares of incorrect documents and incomplete notaries. Ridiculous I know.

Yesterday mom and I drove back up to Raleigh to get my documents apostilled. I was so nervous they wouldn't be right this time either. Well, first, the notary for the homstudy signed 'ROE' instead of 'Rose' so that document didn't pass. Luckily it was the only document I had two originals for and the second was done correctly. Then, when we went to pick up the documents at 2:30 my Wachovia statement couldn't be authenticated because it was done in Virginia. We raced around Raleigh to a nearby Wachovia bank - I pleaded with the manager in a nervous frenzy to get me a notarized letter asap. I made her so nervous she had to redo the letter 4 separate times. Then, we raced back to the Secretary of State and I pleaded with the lady up front to do one letter on a rush so I didn't have to drive back to Charlotte incomplete for the third day in a row. She did it!

Needless to say, I am thankful, relieved and excited to have another piece of the puzzle in place. My documents arrived safely in Atlanta today for translation into Russian. This should take about 10 days. After that, they'll be returned for me to copy and send everything off to the Consulate in DC! (I hopefully won't have to see them again after this unless they expire).

Side note: I was feeling a little 'whoa is me' with all the frustration and hard work over the last 2 weeks. Then, my friend, Kelly had a baby girl yesterday. I decided I'd rather be pleading with the Secretary of State over paperwork then having contractions and it made me feel a little better:).

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker