"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Need to Retranslate

On Friday I received what I hope will be the last of my bad news. I need to retranslate my dossier. My agency has confirmed I can not move forward with my translator even though everything is ready to go. I can't imagine I'd hit any more brick walls in this thing.

So... Now I need to update my doctors licenses since it will take longer to resubmit and retranslate now. I'm hoping to get my dossier finally complete the first week of May. Almost 2 months after it was completed the first time. Let's hope this works.

Also, my heart goes out to any parents that had their dossiers returned because they were over 50. Apparently, Kaz is no longer accepting applications/processing dossiers for parents over 50. I'm truly sorry for you and can't imagine your sorrow.

1 comment:

The Eisenbergers said...

Sometimes I think countries make up the rules to test the parents to see how bad they really want it. It is a warped system of checks and balances, so in a way it does sort of protect the children because in the end they end up with parents who love and adore them. On the other hand, there are millions of children in need of parents and these insane delays keep them from being that much closer to the tender loving care of their forever family. The good news is that it sounds like you are very near the end of the dossier process and then the real wait begins, and I have found that part to actually be kind of fun. It has made Troy and I's time together really precious because we know that our time as just "us" is limited now. So look forward to getting over this hump because you will get over it soon and it will be a much smoother ride from there! The months of being up to your eyebrows in paperwork will become a distant memory!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker