"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Russia???

The DOS issued this stmt today:
March 19: "The Department of State has been informed that the Embassy of Kazakhstan is conducting a review of current procedures regarding intercounty adoptions. The Embassy will not process new adoption dossiers until that review is completed. We have offered to assist the Embassy with its efforts to ensure that adoptions from Kazakhstan to the United States are conducted in a transparent, serious and honest process. It is not known at this time how long this review will require."

On a radio show today about the status of Kazak adoptions my email question was the first answered... funny, though... I'm not sure I'll take the advice. Folks are staying stick with Kazakhstan that they'll come out of this...

At this point, I want predictability and don't think I can handle much more of an emotionally rollercoaster. My agency operates w/i 20 regions in Russia and is saying referrals are coming fast. The dossier is a beast to redo.. and I'll have to resubmit my USCIS govt form but my gut tells me it'll be quicker than waiting it out in Kazakhstan...

Apparently the Kazak govt wants to slow down adoptions permenantly...even if they don't want to forever halt the program... and I'm just worried about things...

We've got a call with the agency about Russia tomorrow... we'll see how things go.

3 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Hey, I know how you feel about this situation. My dossier is in translation. My agency has spent a lot of time & energy trying to get to the bottom of this in the last couple of days. I would suggest not making a decision for at least a week. From what I understand, Kaz has had slow downs before but has not closed. International adoption is very unpredictable. Keep your chin up!!!! Go with your heart!!!!

Jennifer Gabriel said...

Sheila,

I was so happy to find your post because my husband and I are in the same situation as you and Chris. We just made the difficult decision yesterday to switch from Kaz to Russia. Know that you are not alone and I pray that your adoption journey from this point forward will lead you to your child.

Jennifer Gabriel said...

Sheila,

I saw your post and it touched me because you are speaking the exact words that are in my heart right now. We just made the difficult decision yesterday to switch from Kaz to Russia. We are hoping to be assigned our region and begin our Russian dossier next week. I hope your Russia adoption goes as smoothly as possible and know that there are others out there that are feeling the same feelings you are.
Jennifer - Texas

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker