"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

There goes Lucky.........

At the dog track in Daytona, before every race a remote control rabbit 'Lucky' is released. The grey hounds race out of their stalls in a mad dash for the rabbit as the announcer shouts over the loud speaker as the race begins...'THERE GOES LUCKY'!

I couldn't help but hear those words as I packed up the last of my papers today... my race has officially begun!
I mailed my dossier off to the Kazakhstan Embassy today. If all my paperwork is correct and my adoption is final before my paperwork expires I won't have to do any more paperwork!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! The dossier is officially out of my hands and has started on the race to Kazakhstan and eventually, the region where our baby will be. All in all, it was 174 pages. I started the adoption process October 8th and it's taken exactly 5 months to complete our paperwork so I'm really pumped to have it completed. I was so nervous reviewing my papers for a final time. Luckily mom was there to make sure I didn't rush and I actually checked everything thoroughly before sending on. Similar to proofing a paper you've spend a month typing... after a while it all starts to look the same.

Next week my agency is going to the Kazakhstan Embassy to try to get some of my papers processed. After I receive approval from the Embassy my dossier is sent to Kazakhstan!

Good day to celebrate in the Carlberg house. It's in the Lords hands now. I feel free already.

1 comment:

Heather (and Vince!) said...

Hi Chris and Sheila! Thanks for posting on our blog :) This is an exciting and terrifying experience and it's so helpful to "meet" other people who are in it with us! Thanks for the link to your blog, I'll keep checking in on you! Is your dossier going to the consulate in NYC or DC? I hear the one in NYC (where we are), is the absolute slowest and can often take at least 60 days. Oh, well, it's out of our hands now! I wish you all the best on your exciting journey!!!

Heather Mauro

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker