"... Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18


.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wow...

After much soul searching, prayer and general franticness... Chris and I have decided to stay with Kazakhstan. We originally wanted to adopt a child as young as possible and that still remains a huge desire for us. We are willing to weather the ups and downs and Kazakhstan right now... knowing that the Lord is in control and will be our baby to us in His timing.

You'll notice I've deleted the posts on Russia. I don't want to look back or second guess our decision. That's why. This will not be an easy road... Kazakhstan is still in the process of reviewing dossiers and is predicting delays. No one knows for how long. Prayer is welcome. Thanks friends.

2 comments:

Heather (and Vince!) said...

Hey, this whole process is so hard, but I'm glad you chose to stay with Kaz. Russia could have the same problems, too, so go where your heart is! Good luck and I'll keep "watching" to see how things progress!

Kim said...

Hi - I just found your blog. We adopted Josh from Almaty last year and Noah from Russia in 2005. Russia was HARD! You are right, the Lord has your baby in His arms and will lead you to where you need to be.

Kim
Kimmertek@aol.com
(we have a private blog, if you would like an invite, let me know.) :)

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker